All 106 neighborhood fire stations will be open to the public beginning at 10:00 AM and conclude at 4:00 PM. During our annual Open House Celebration we will be hosting special demonstrations, enhanced displays, and instructing Free Hand's Only CPR for the public at the following LAFD Fire Stations (FS).
- FS 5: 8900 South Emerson Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90045 (10:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
- FS 27: 1327 North Cole Avenue Hollywood CA 90028 (8:00 AM - Noon *Pancake Breakfast*)
- FS 63: 1930 Shell Avenue Venice CA 90291 (8:00 AM - Noon *Pancake Breakfast*)
- FS 65: 1801 East Century Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90002 (10:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
- FS 86: 4305 Vineland Avenue Studio City, CA 91602 (8:00 AM - Noon *Pancake Breakfast*)
- FS 88: 5101 Sepulveda Boulevard Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 (10:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
- FS 112: 444 South Harbor Boulevard, Berth 86 San Pedro CA 90731 (10:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
Cardiac arrests are more common than you think, and they can happen to anyone at any time. Nearly 300,000 out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrests occur annually and only 32 percent of cardiac arrest victims get CPR from a bystander. Failure to act in a cardiac emergency can lead to unnecessary deaths. In fact, less than eight percent of people who suffer cardiac arrest outside the hospital survive. On the other hand, effective bystander CPR provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival.
Most people who experience cardiac arrest at home, work or in a public location die because they don't receive immediate CPR from someone on the scene. As a bystander, don't be afraid. Your actions can only help.
Submitted by Erik Scott, Spokesman
Los Angeles Fire Department