Los Angeles Firefighters will proudly wear distinctive pink t-shirts while on-duty October 8-10, 2012 to raise public awareness of this devastating disease, and to support those personally effected. Their hope is to reach thousands of people with the lifesaving message that cancer prevention and early detection can mean the difference between life and death.
Breast Cancer Facts to Consider
• Second leading cause of mortality among Caucasian, African American, and Asian / Pacific Islander females.
• Leading cause of mortality among Latina/ Hispanic women in L.A. County.
• Late diagnosis carries a survival rate of less than 7%.
• Early diagnosis and treatment has a survival rate of over 91%.
• #1 mortality rate of females between the age of 21-40 years of age in L.A. County.
Order Yours Today $20
Please join your neighborhood firefighters in supporting this cause. Click on the link below to purchase a LAFD/Local-112 Pink T-Shirt and promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Submitted by Erik Scott, Spokesman
Los Angeles Fire Department