Electric Daisy Carnival, a large rave-type music and entertainment event at the Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, dozens of strategically placed LAFD personnel responded to 226 on-site medical emergencies and coordinated transport of 114 persons to area hospitals, mostly through the use of event-contracted commercial ambulance services.
No specifics are presently available regarding the age, gender, condition or affiliation of the ill and injured.
The Los Angeles Fire Department is not offering an official attendance estimate for the two-day gathering, and was not made aware of any pre-hospital loss of life associated with the event.
Submitted by Brian Humphrey, Spokesman
Los Angeles Fire Department
LAFD Breaking News
LAFD In The News
LAFD Retiree Deaths
L.A. Weather Watches, Warnings & Advisories
CA Wildfire Response
CA State Wildfires
CA Federal Wildfires
Latest Tsunami Bulletin
National Fire News
National EMS News
Consumer Product Recalls & Advisories
Fire Service Advisories
Firefighter Close Calls
U.S. Civilian Fire Deaths
U.S. Firefighter Deaths
Red Flag Parking Status
- ► 2013 (184)
- ► 2012 (192)
- ► 2011 (199)
- Man Injured, Dog Perishes in Swift-Moving North Hi...
- Arson Suspect Arrested Following Sepulveda Pass Br...
- LAFD Responds to 200+ Emergencies at 2010 Electric...
- 52nd Annual SoCal Journalism Awards Dinner to Hono...
- LAFD Investigators Release Dramatic Arson Video
- LAFD Battles Fire and Renders Aid Following Lakers...
- Los Angeles Fire Department Unveils New Website
- Massive Fire and Explosions Rock South L.A. Metal ...
- Public Help Sought in Battling Northridge Arson Fi...
- Firefighters Rescue Ten Stranded on Hollywood Ferr...
- LAFD Battles Large Fire In Scrap Yard
- Dan Aykroyd & Seth MacFarlane Headline Hollywood C...
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2009 (141)
- ► 2008 (227)
- ► 2007 (297)
- ► 2006 (303)
- ► 2005 (211)