Assistant Chief Michael Little responded to a Structure Fire at 255 South Loma Drive in the Westlake area of downtown Los Angeles.
Firefighters remained on scene for over five hours, protecting the homeowners belongings from additional damage during the salvage and overhaul operations. The total dollar loss was estimated at $255,000 ($180,000 structure and $75,000 content). The cause is under investigation and the American Red Cross assisted any displaced occupants.
Submitted by Erik Scott, Spokesman
Los Angeles Fire Department
LAFD In The News
L.A. Weather Watches, Warnings & Advisories
CA Wildfire Response
CA State Wildfires
CA Federal Wildfires
Latest Tsunami Bulletin
National Fire News
National EMS News
Consumer Product Recalls & Advisories
Fire Service Advisories
Firefighter Close Calls
U.S. Civilian Fire Deaths
U.S. Firefighter Deaths
Red Flag Parking Status
- ► 2012 (229)
- ► 2011 (207)
- Public Help Sought in Battling Suspicious Venice F...
- Outside Fire Finds Its Way Into a Home
- Swift Moving Blaze Consumes Studio City Hillside H...
- San Fernando Electrical Fire Displaces Seven
- LAFD Through the Pre-Dawn Eyes of Rosemary Stevens...
- 13 Injured From Apartment Fire in Downtown L.A.
- LAFD and Coast Guard Handle Dockside Hazmat in Wil...
- San Fernando Valley Blaze Displaces Eight
- Fire Destroys A Studio In Van Nuys
- ▼ May (9)
- ► 2009 (141)
- ► 2008 (228)
- ► 2007 (299)
- ► 2006 (305)
- ► 2005 (211)