Storage Near Wall Heater Sparks Woodland Hills Blaze

Monday, April 06, 2009 |

On Monday, April 6, 2009 at 8:20 AM, 7 Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, 2 LAFD Rescue Ambulances and 1 Battalion Chief Officer Command Team, a total of 41 Los Angeles Fire Department personnel under the direction of Battalion Chief Ronald Jackson, responded to a Structure Fire at 6300 Jumilla Avenue in Woodland Hills.

Firefighters arrived quickly and witnessed smoke and fire coming from two rooms of a 2,000 square-foot ranch style single family dwelling.


It took crews 10 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

There were two occupants in the home at the time of the fire; however both made it out safely prior to the arrival of the Fire Department. 1 occupant sustained minor injury to his knee , the other with no visible injury, neither needed transport.

Two dogs were also caught in the blaze, one escaping with its life and one perishing in the flames.

Loss from the fire is estimated at $24,000 ($20,000 structure & $4,000 contents). Firefighters noted excessive storage in the home and determined the blaze was caused by the ignition of ordinary combustibles placed near an electric wall heater.


Submitted by Devin Gales, Spokesman
Los Angeles Fire Department

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments to this blog are approved or disapproved without editing.

We seek to offer a broad cross-section of *public* thoughts that are specific to the topic at hand and genuinely polite in tone - regardless of opinion.

Kindly post your comments below.