On Thursday, July 07, 2005, at 7:36 PM PDT, three companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, one Battalion Chief Officer Command Team, two Battalion EMS Captains, and five Los Angeles Fire Department Rescue Ambulances, under the direction of Battalion Commander Raymundo Gomez, responded to a Multi-Patient Traffic Collision at the intersection of West 1st Street and South Spring Street in the Civic Center area.
First units on the scene reported a collision between a Metro bus and a private vehicle that was wedged beneath the Metro bus with no patient entrapment. The driver of the private vehicle had self-extricated prior to the arrival of the Fire Department.
Five victims from the bus and the driver of the private vehicle were triaged, treated and transported to two area hospitals for non-life threatening injuries.
Two other passengers from the bus were treated on the scene and released.
Metro officials and the Los Angeles Police Department are investigating the incident.
Thursday, July 07, 2005 | Posted by LAFD Media and Public Relations
LAFD In The News
L.A. Weather Watches, Warnings & Advisories
CA Wildfire Response
CA State Wildfires
CA Federal Wildfires
Latest Tsunami Bulletin
National Fire News
National EMS News
9-1-1 and Emergency Dispatcher News
Consumer Product Recalls & Advisories
Fire Service Advisories
Firefighter Close Calls
U.S. Civilian Fire Deaths
U.S. Firefighter Deaths
Red Flag Parking Status
- ► 2012 (229)
- ► 2011 (207)
- ► 2010 (167)
- ► 2009 (141)
- ► 2008 (228)
- ► 2007 (299)
- ► 2006 (305)
- A Warrior at Rest...
- Grand Opening of new Fire Station 77
- Hollywood Hazardous Materials Investigation
- Shadow Hills Wildfire Scorches Five Acres
- Firefighters Face Pack-Rat Conditions at Mid-Wilsh...
- Vehicle Collides with Metro Bus near City Hall
- Fire Damages Woodland Hills Charter School
- Fire Sprinklers Save Wilmington Classroom
- Arson Blaze Guts San Fernando Business
- Major Emergency Brush Fire in West Hills
- Residents Escape Apartment Fire Without Injury
- ▼ July (11)